Welcome to the PMI South Carolina Midlands Chapter website! We offer growth, development and service opportunities to our members and the business community by operating as a progressive, engaged and productive organization, recognized and...
Not Only Do Great Things Happen When You Volunteer for PMI But PMPs Are Able To Earn up to 17 PDUs! For more information on how to earn PDUs see the Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) Handbook link below. ...
(1) The Professional Development Day (PDD) marks the single biggest event for the PMI-Midlands Chapter. This event can’t come together without a willing team of volunteers that commit to the planning and execution of different facets of the event, year-round.
(2) It’s that time of the year again and we are beginning to pull together an army of volunteers to begin the planning of the 2020 PDD. A lot of planning goes into this event. To make the 2020 PDD possible, we are in search of volunteers who are willing to contribute their unique skills, talents and interests to ensure we pull off a successful and hitch-free 2020 PDD.
(3) We therefore welcome you to join the 2020 PDD planning team and be part of history. You can sign-up by attending the first exploratory meeting of the team.
 Planning meeting & activity follow-up for the 2020 Professional Development Day (i.e. PMI Annual Symposium)
 Update on the proposed PMI Magazine and the way forward
Date: Monday 23rd, September 2019
Time: 5:30 p.m-6:30 p.m
Venue: USC/Columbia Technology Incubator
1225 Laurel St, Columbia, SC 29201
Volunteering with this team would provide you an opportunity to:
(1) Meet like-minded project managers and other professional
(2) Share your passion for the Project management discipline
(3) Demonstrate your commitment to the chapter
(4) Enhance your professional skills
(5) Earn Professional Development Units (PDUs)
Frederick D. Griffin, PMP
Project Manager, Dept. of Health & Environmental Control-Columbia, SC
TARGET AUDIENCE: Project Managers, Organization Executives, PMO Directors, Strategic Plan Managers
DATE & TIME: Tuesday, September 24, 2019
TIME: 12:00 PM EST - 1:00 PM EST
VENUE: USC/Columbia Technology Incubator
1225 Laurel St, Columbia, SC 29201
DESCRIPTION: An environment of trust is a major factor in “successful” project implementation. This presentation can help the target audience embrace the use of coaching to improve relationship management by fostering trust between project team members and organization executives. During this presentation, Frederick Griffin, of SC DHEC will share his experience and short exercises to demonstrate how to integrate individual and team coaching during the Project Development Life Cycle (PDLC).
By the end of this presentation, participants will:
 Understand the difference between coaching and traditional methods of relationship management
 Recognize the importance of coaching during PDLC
 Learn to apply four keys to improvement in their relationship management
** This event is "Free", and seating is limited to the first 50 who register. **
By popular demand from our membership, the PMI South Carolina Midlands Chapter has committed to providing its membership with *** Free *** monthly, evening networking events in downtown Columbia. These events will occur the 2nd Thursday of each month, 5:30pm – 7:30pm, and will include beverages, food, one hour of training, and one hour of networking.
DATE: Thursday, October 10, 2019
TIME: 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
VENUE: BusinessPMO Office, 823 Gervais St., Ste 220, Columbia, SC 29201