Zeus is the world's leading polymer extrusion manufacturer and material science innovator. 50 years of experience in medical, aerospace, energy exploration, automotive, fiber optics and more allow us to leap past can't and into how. At Zeus we are "Turning polymers into possibilities." We believe in building collaborative relationships with customers to design, engineer and produce high performance polymer tubing.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Technician. The successful candidate should be prepared to help provide world-class products and service to a diverse customer base, including many leading medical device manufacturers.
Zeus is a great place to work. Expectations are high; our work is meticulous and very precise. An entrepreneur's mentality is a huge plus. Zeus offers an opportunity to join a very successful, family-oriented team. Our products are cutting-edge, our process is unique, and our quality and customer focus are second-to-none. We are a leader in our field and have great relationships with our customers and employees. Many of our employees are the best at what they do in the world. Our customers are leaders in their fields. Our products help save lives!
Successful candidates will have a desire and ability to take our technology to the next level. Continuous improvement and Lean manufacturing is a way of life at Zeus. You must possess the ability to work independently; and the desire to learn a variety of skills. The ability to communicate clearly is imperative.
Here are the Job Duties and Skills required.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance to keep equipment running and in good condition.
- Performs various safety inspections and abatements.
- Observes safety rules and regulations.
- Follows preventative maintenance checklists, inspects belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters and worn parts, lubricates moving parts, and keeps records.
- Plans repairs, consults blueprints, electrical schematics, and ladder diagrams, flow schematics and parts catalog.
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to adapt to different situations.
- Work in a team or alone as the particular job/situation requires.
- Be able to lift, push, pull, and/or stand for sustained periods.
- Must have basic mathematical skills and be able to read and write legibly, and keep written records, as required.
- Zeus supply toolbox, but employee supplies own tools.
- Be able to work in temperatures ranging from 30F to 100F, and work inside and outside, year round.
- Be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Be able to reach overhead with no difficulties.
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and solve promptly.Be able to work in confined and restricted spaces.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this position. Any unscheduled absence or tardy will have a negative impact on our ability to meet our production objectives.
- Previous experience in industrial maintenance required.
- Graduate of either a standard high school or vocational school.
- Completion of either a two-year electrician training program, electrical technology, manufacturing technology, engineering technology or related program, or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Have thorough knowledge of the standard practices, tools and equipment used in the general industrial maintenance trade.
- Good knowledge of the principles of operation of all types of AC, DC, and SERVO controls and operation of electric motors and controllers, and of mechanical and electrical repair of machinery.
- PLC and electronic experience beneficial.
- Experience and/or solid understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems preferred, but not required.
- Good knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Have the ability to adapt available tools and repair parts to specific problems.
- Skill in the use and care of hand, power and basic machine tools.
Zeus is an exciting, innovative company that offers competitive pay and a great benefits package which includes one of the best medical plans in the area, an immediate 50% 401(k) match, dental, vision, paid vacation and even an on-site medical office. If you are interested in a career at Zeus please visit our website at www.zeusinc.com to apply for this position.
Thanks for your interest in Zeus. We look forward to hearing from you.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.