The Project Manager is responsible for the management of projects within their assigned department, which includes, but is not limited to: project scoping and budget development; project planning and scheduling; and monitoring work progress to ensure adherence to work specifications, timelines, and budgets.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with department representatives to define project needs and develop project scope and work plans for multiple concurrent projects that are typically moderate in complexity, and medium to large in size, scope, budget and/or impact.
- Projects being managed may include market and line extensions, new products, and new manufacturing processes.
- Manage cross-division and cross function initiative interdependencies and securing required resources and funding. Where necessary, facilitate prioritization regarding shared resources across work streams.
- Works with market managers, engineers, and/or other professionals as required to evaluate, define, and/or design work solutions and project specifications.
- Coordinates and maintains multiple concurrent project activities with the project team such as project templates, schedule, timelines, and host team meetings as needed.
- Inspects project work for compliance with work specifications, process change orders, and evaluates the results of the project to ensure the scope of work has been completed.
- Analyzes issues or problems related to planning, implementing, or completing project work and develops and implements solutions.
Confers with management and provides advice on the potential impacts of projects such as those related to staffing, budgets, organization and workflow, and contract or regulatory compliance.
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are available for achievement of Project objectives and timelines.
Implement, monitor and improve business processes in support of Project Management and Integrated Business Planning (IBP).
- Demonstrate stewardship and provide project leadership to meet division strategy and business objectives.
Provide business updates as needed regarding project status, resource needs, risks and decisions to be escalated to Sr. Management in a timely manner.
- Ability to lead teams comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds; including but not limited to Sales, Research and Development, MIS, Regulatory, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, and Marketing.
- Implementation, oversight and continued operation of the Project Management Process.
- Ensure the project team members are completing deliverables in alignment with the timelines.
- Communicate and influence resolution of cross-functional issues.
- Establishes and maintains contacts with internal and external stakeholders to provide information, support for projects, and ensure projects meet the scope of work.
- Provide technical support to account managers regarding capability and initializing development projects to set customers' expectations for the project.
- Provide support on large volume opportunities to better understand the impact they will make to our capacity, lead times, etc. to aid management in the decision making process.
- Track and provide support for the development process from the pre order experience through order shipment and provide regular updates to the sales team concerning lead times, order changes, schedule changes, and facilitate between sales and various development groups.
- Review items with multiple orders for solutions to move products through the gate process and facilitate between the development groups and sales with these solutions.
- Review Gate 3 Items for sign off and report on items passing into standard production. Include future volumes, expected sales, and margins.
May act as lead and provide technical or project management oversight, coordination, and assignment of work to other staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Develop and administer a project budget, and analyze expenditures related to the assigned project area.
- Research, collect, analyze, and evaluate complex data to make sound judgments, logical decisions, and defensible recommendations.
- Communicate effectively in writing in order to prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence, and technical memoranda.
- Provide excellent and courteous customer service and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Manage multiple concurrent project activities that often have competing timelines and deadlines.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers and others contacted through the course of work; respond in a positive manner to supervision and attend and perform duties on a regular and consistent basis.
- Bachelor degree in a related field
- Minimum of two years of increasingly responsible administrative experience which includes significant work experience in project management.
Computer skills including Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, MS Project etc.
- Knowledge of plastics industry preferred
- Effective Research, Writing and presentation skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment and independently
- Problem Solving and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be highly organized
- Goal oriented
Disclaimer Statement: Job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties and/or knowledge, skills, and abilities required, but a description of the job's most important elements. Nothing in this description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.