Purpose of the Award
The PMI South Carolina Midlands "Project of the Year" award recognizes projects that best deliver:
- Superior performance of project management practices
- Superior organizational results
- Positive impacts on society
- Project may be of any type, from any industry, in public or private sectors
- Project must be based in the Midlands Chapter area (Columbia, West Columbia, Cayce, Lexington, Irmo, Sumter, Organgeburg, Florence, Myrtle Beach, and surrounding cities).
- Project must have been completed in the year 2018 or 2019.
- Project must include a member of the PMI South Carolina Midlands Chapter
- Project team may *not* include a member of the Chapter's Board Members.
- Small Project - Those projects with a budget of less than $250,000
- Medium Project - Those projects with a budget of $250,000 - $750,000
- Large Project - Those projects with a budget greater than $750,000
The "buget" is a calculation of hard costs and soft costs (# of hours * $100). For example, a project purchasing $100,000 in printers that took 3,000 hours to complete would have a budget value of $400,000.
How to Nominate a Project
In order to nominate a project click the link below to complete the "Project of the Year" nomination form: