Great Things Happen When You Volunteer for PMI!
We have our big Professional Development Day (PDD) coming up 20 October! We will be needing some help. If you want to contribute to a great Columbia PM event and have a lot of fun, while earning some PDU’s in the process and expanding your professional network send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org?
Here are some of the roles we could use help with:
Directors (Time Commitment – 10-15/hours/month):
- Director of Social Media – Manage a team of 2-3 volunteers. Create the strategic frameworks and objectives that shape our social media efforts and communicate those objectives organization wide. Manage social media strategy development and execution in close collaboration with marketing and internal stakeholders in an effort to drive engagement and return on investment.
- Director of Graphic Design - Strategize the best ways for PMI Midlands to visually represent their identities in print and online. Responsible for conceptualization and design of infographics, brochures, promotional fliers, catalogs, sales presentation tools, direct mail pieces, tradeshow graphics and materials related to the corporate identity. Assembles and supervises team of designers.
- Director of Event Registration – Manages a team of coordinators who prepare for all aspects of event day registration for PDD, lunch and learns, etc. – from Swag bags to petty cash.
- Director of Logistics – Manages coordination with PDD venue and food vendors to ensure facilities and meals fully enhance the event’s great speakers. Cross-coordinates with marketing and communications to ensure synchronization with all event activities and promotions.
Team Members (Time Commitment – 5-10/hours/month):
- Social Media Coordinator - Create and publish content on social media channels. Engage influencers and thought leaders on social media increasing social outreach in coordination with the brand's positioning. Create and curate relevant content and develop social distribution strategy on a weekly basis to engage target audience. Track and measure success of social media initiatives by using reporting and analytics. Ensure all social media content is consistent with the chapter branding and positioning. Daily monitoring of social channels and participation in conversation where it makes sense
- Sponsorship Coordinator – Compile and keep records of sponsorship agreements. Update Event Workbook (Gather logo and other insert advertising they want to produce). Collaborate with members of the marketing, finance and programs departments.
- Event Registration Coordinator – Member of the team who prepare for all aspects of event day registration for PDD, lunch and learns, etc. – from Swag bags to petty cash.
- Logistics Coordinator – Manages one aspect of the PDD logistics – from meal details to sponsor table details in support of the Director of Logistics.
If you are interested in:
Registration or Logistics roles: please reply to this email, or contact our PDD Lead, Jeff Henry, directly at email@example.com
Social Media, Sponsorship and Graphic design contact our Chief Marketing Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org,
Or just reply to this email!
Thank you in advance for considering these volunteer opportunities and helping us put on a great PDD!