The PMI South Carolina Midlands Chapter has a wide range of formal activities throughout the year to serve our membership, and those interested in membership.
David R. Helps, Jr., Chief Development Officer
David R. Helps Jr. serves as the Chief Development Officer, and provides oversight to all programs offered by the Chapter. David is currently a Project Manager with the South Carolina Department of Education. David has over 18 years of Government Sector experience with over 15 years in IT and Project Management. David grew up in Columbia and is a graduate of both the College of Charleston and the University of South Carolina. David joined PMI SC Midlands and earned his PMP in 2010. Over his career, he has gone from a COBOL programmer and a Web developer to a Business Analyst and a then a Project Manager. David is currently focusing on growth and expansion of the PMO and has overseen several projects in infrastructure modernization and program area workflow management.
Responsibilities and Services
We work hard throughout the year to deliver awesomeness. Here are some examples of the awesomeness we deliver:
- Monthly LNL’s - is an opportunity for continuing your education and earn PDU’s.
- Quarterly Events - are held to have a little fun as well as earn additional PDU’s.
- Evening Events - is for PM’s that are not able to attend the Monthly LNL during the day.
- PDD(Professional Development Day)- is an all-day event held once a year to showcase and celebrate Project Managers.
- Annual Meeting - is an event held to celebrate the chapters yearly accomplishments and an opportunity to recognize outstanding volunteers.
- Leadership Series - This is a new event for 2015 designed to grow and enhance your
We would greatly appreciate hearing from you about what we can do to meet your goals as an individual or a business.
The Programs Team is always looking for people to volunteer their time and talent to helping the PMI Midlands Chapter reach its fullest potential. The following are some open volunteer opportunities for those interested in working with the Programs Team.
- Monthly LNL Project Managers - Will lead the overall event by confirming speakers, coordinate lunch, assist with set-up, speaker introduction, prize give-a-way and clean-up after event.
- Annual Meeting Project Managers - Will lead the overall event by confirming speakers, coordinate dinner, assist with set-up, speaker introduction, prize give-a-way and clean-up after event.
- Quarterly Events Project Managers - Will lead the overall event by confirming speakers, coordinate lunch/Dinner, assist with set-up, speaker introduction, prize give-a-way and clean-up after event.
- Leadership Series Project Managers - Will lead the overall event by confirming speakers, coordinate lunch/Dinner, assist with set-up, speaker introduction, speaker venue, prize give-a-way and clean-up after event.
- PDD Programs Manager- Will lead the event by working with a team of volunteers assigned to several different projects.
- Project Coordinator - This person will assist the Project Managers with all aspects of the events.
- Registration Coordinator- Led by John Zenoni, is responsible for our Monthly LNL, Annual Meeting and Quarterly Events registration process. This includes but not limited to set-up, member sign-in, crowd control, collecting money and clean-up after events.
- Registration Assistant - is responsible for assisting the Registration Coordinator during all events.
The best way to reach us, and ensure we get the message to contact you in return, is to send an email to email@example.com. We will respond to you within 1 business day.