The PMI South Carolina Midlands Chapter takes its responsibility to educate people and businesses throughout the Midlands about project management and the many benefits it offers. Whether you are looking to build an educational program of your own, or would like to take advantage of our educational opportunities, we are here to serve.
The Education area is led a powerhouse team of individuals, with support from many volunteers from within our Chapter.
Derwin Epps, Chief Training Officer
Responsibilities and Services
The Chief Training Officer (formerly known as VP of Education) is responsible for developing Chapter educational programs, including PMI certifications preparation and other project management training, developing relationships with local colleges and universities, serving as liaison to the PMI Educational Foundation, and identifying other educational opportunities in accordance with the purposes of the Chapter and its Constitution and Bylaws and subject to the approval of the majority of the Chapter Board of Directors. Here are some examples of what we deliver:
- Certification Boot camps – training for each of the certifications offered by the Project Management Institute.
- Educational Relations – working with local colleges and school districts to improve and foster project management relations with our organizations.
- Standards Education – training for all of the standards within the Project Management Institute’s knowledge base.
- Instructor Development – working with members within our Chapter in order to foster future instructor for further educational opportunities.
We would greatly appreciate hearing from you about what we can do to meet your goals as an individual, a school, a college and/or a business.
The Education area is always looking for people to volunteer their time and talent to helping the PMI SC Midlands Chapter reach its fullest potential. Here are some open volunteer opportunities for those interested in working with the Education team:
- Certifications - is responsible for working with the Chief Training Officer in developing and growing Chapter educational PMI Certification programs, including PMI Certification Boot Camps. This position also interacts and directs program credentialed instructors to ensure best practices in instructional methods and technical training to prepare for any of the PMI Certification exams.
- Continuing Education - is responsible for working with the Chief Training Officer in developing and growing Continuing Education courses and educational opportunities in conjunction with the Programs, Special Projects and Non-Profit Education Divisions.
- Educational Relations – is responsible for working with the Chief Training Officer in developing and growing relationships between the Chapter and local Higher Education Entities. This position also works with the Higher Education entities on logistics of the PMI Midlands Boot Camps and Other Educational Offerings. This position also interacts with program credentialed instructors to ensure venue satisfaction for the participants of the PMI Certification Boot Camps and Other Educational Offerings.
- Instructor Credentialing - is responsible for working with the Chief Training Officer in developing and expanding the credentialing process for the Chapter. This position also assists in developing and expanding the credential renewal processes. This position also interacts with the Membership division to develop and grow new instructors within our Chapter and to foster relationships with outside groups, when needed, for the Chapter to conduct the needed Educational Offerings.
- Standards Education - is responsible for working with the Chief Training Officer in developing and growing Chapter educational Standards Education programs, including Project Management Competency Development Framework, Government and Construction Extensions of PMBOK, OPM3, Project Estimating, WBS, Project Configuration Management, and the Practice Guides. This position also interacts and directs program credentialed instructors to ensure best practices in instructional methods and technical training for learning any of the PMI Standards and Guides.
If you are interested in volunteering for any of the above areas, please contact us.
The best way to reach us, and ensure we get the message to contact you in return, is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to you within 1 business day.